Gait Lab Set-up in India
We are a research group based in IIT Bombay, India, involved in Orthopaedic
We feel this would be a great platform to get suggestions on following
We are planning to develop a *PRELIMINARY GAIT LAB facility* for
pre-operative and post-operative force & motion analysis in patients.
Focus: FORCE and MOTION analysis in LOWER extremity.
1) Small equipments (space available is small)
2) Hybrid setup (wireless markers, IR, active passive)
3) Force plates
4) Software to integrate force and motion data
We already have a POLARIS (from NDI) Infrared camera for surgery navigation.
WE wont be looking at the muscle forces as of now, thus may be EMG would be
I request experts to please suggest
1) What kind of system should we be looking for?
2) What are recent and advanced gait lab system providers?
3) WHAT WOULD BE A ROUGH ESTIMATE of COST for such a GAIT ANALYSIS SYSTEM.
It would be great if we could get some inputs on the above especially in
terms of the COST that we should plan ( we have relatively small budget).
All your inputs will be highly useful and help us in proceeding further.
We thank all biomch-lers!in advance. Please any information if you have
regarding the above that could guide us in the right direction.
Research Associate/ PhD Scholar
OrthoCAD Network Research Lab,
Mechanical Engineering Department,
Mob: +91 9970642575
Lab: +91 2225764399