VipIMAGE 2011 - ECCOMAS Thematic Conference - 2nd ANNOUNCE and CALL
We would like to call your attention to the International Conference VipIMAGE 2011 - III ECCOMAS THEMATIC CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL VISION AND MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING that will be held in Real Marina Hotel & Spa, Olhão, Algarve, Portugal, on October 12-14, 2011.
Possible Topics (not limited to)
- Signal and Image Processing
- Computational Vision
- Medical Imaging
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Tracking and Analysis of Movement
- Simulation and Modeling
- Image Acquisition
- Shape Reconstruction
- Objects Segmentation, Matching, Simulation
- Data Interpolation, Registration, Acquisition and Compression
- 3D Vision
- Virtual Reality
- Software Development for Image Processing and Analysis
- Computer Aided Diagnosis, Surgery, Therapy, and Treatment
- Computational Bioimaging and Visualization
- Telemedicine Systems and their Applications
- Armando J. Pinho - University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Irene M. Gamba - The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Marc Pollefeys - ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Marc Thiriet - Universite Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI), France
- Xavier Roca Marvà - Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
- Stan Sclaroff - Boston University, USA
Proposals to organize Thematic Session within VipIMAGE 2011 are mostly welcome.
Proposals for Thematic Sessions should be submitted by email to the conference co-chairs (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thematic Sessions Confirmed
- Simultaneous MR-PET imaging
- Satellite image analysis for environmental risk assessment
The proceedings book will be published by the Taylor & Francis Group and indexed by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index, IET Inspect and Elsevier Scopus.
A book with 20 invited works from the best ones presented in VipIMAGE2011 (extended versions) will be published by Springer.
The organizers will encourage the submission of extended versions of the accepted papers to related International Journals; in particular, for special issues dedicated to the conference.
- Deadline for Thematic Sessions proposals: 15th January 2011
- Deadline for Extended Abstracts: 15th March 2011
- Authors Notification: 15th April 2011
- Deadline for Full Papers: 15th June 2011
"best paper award" and "best student paper award" are going to be given to the author(s) of two papers presented at the conference, selected by the Organizing Committee based on the best combined marks from the Scientific Committee and Session Chairs.
We are looking forward to see you in Algarve next October.
João Manuel R. S. Tavares
Renato Natal Jorge
PS. For further details please see the conference website at: www.fe.up.pt/~vipimage