Gait Analysis Software - Lead Developer Position Available
GAIT ANALYSIS SOFTWARE - LEAD DEVELOPER POSITION
ViTrak Systems Inc. (ViTrak) is a federally incorporated start-up company headquartered in Charlottetown PEI, Canada.
ViTrak has developed a prototype of its patented Sensor Floor Gait Analysis technology, or sensor floor. The system comprises various configurations of electronically interactive tiles similar in size and thickness to simple flooring tiles. These tiles are imbedded with numerous, highly sensitive sensors, which capture and analyze relevant gait parameters. The technology incorporates several worlds’ first capabilities including the ability to continuously monitor multiple subjects in real time. Consequently, the system has several potential applications over existing systems including security applications, sports medicine, clinical drug trials and various forms of research. Also of particular importance is the capability of measuring gait in two dimensions, offering a more realistic environment for the study of natural movement. For more information on our technology our web-site is www.vitraksystems.com.
At present, the company has a functional “pre-production” prototype of its sensor floor technology that must be upgraded into a “Market Ready” production version. The prototype also requires considerable software development prior to commercialization. ViTrak is currently in the process of setting up a new research facility and hiring key software development managers, programmers and quality assurance technologists to support the development and commercialization effort.
Integral to this initiative is the following Lead Developer Position.
ViTrak requires a Lead Developer for the design and development of its gait analysis software. Working with the hardware engineering team with support from ViTrak Gait Expert Research Partners, the individual will be responsible for the management of the standard software development process including:
• Requirements collection and preparation of specifications documents (both system and end user requirements)
• Design of the system architecture
• Implementation of construction (coding)
• Validation (testing and debugging)
• Management of the process of integration of the software with the gait analysis sensor floor hardware
As the founding IT technologist at the company, the position will manage all the formative technology choices, including choice of languages, frameworks databases and deployment.
The position will also be responsible for the recruitment for other technical talents required for the successful completion of the software development initiative and launch of the sensor floor technology into the market place.
More specifically it is anticipated that the successful candidate will possess the following education and experience:
• 5+ years working as a lead software engineer/senior developer/senior programmer
• Extensive experience and/or education in the concepts of gait and biomechanics
• Experienc and education in image analysis technique development
• Proficiency in C/C++ or C # programming in a Windows environment (MS Visual Studio and MFC)
• Strong Object/Component-oriented design and programming skills, development experience with ActiveX, COM, and/or ATL technologies.
• Experience using object oriented design, data modeling, and analysis methodologies.
• Experience creating graphical user interfaces
• Working knowledge of software/hardware communication issues.
Candidates should have a Masters or PhD degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline;
• Demonstrated experience with the ability to lead and mentor other developers, strong technical development skills; innovative problem solving skills; strong communication and people leadership skills and a passion for creating fun, high-performance company cultures.
• Experience in launching new technologies would also be an asset.
• Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and will include health and other benefits.
Interested candidates should e-mail their cover letters, cubiculum vitae and the names of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to:
ViTrak Systems Inc.
The position is available immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Priority will be given to Canadian citizens.
For more information about living and working in Prince Edward Island, Canada click on the following link to the government of Prince Edward Island web-site at: http://www.gov.pe.ca/index.php3?number=1024660&lang=E