Neuroscience Startup: Data scientist engineer / Neuroscientist, permanent contractContract: Permanent position - immediate availability
Location in France: Caen (Normandy), Paris, and international trips
You are engineer and you want to live close from the sea (20min)? Join an effervescent French startup and give meaning to your work by helping us “hack the brain” … for the better good! Excellent benefits package, hack, wellness and mindfulness, positive societal impact of your mission, etc. If this describes you, there’s no good reasons for not applying!
Our mission :
Open Mind Innovation develops neuro-technologies that keep the mind alive, young and healthy throughout life.
In our physical centers we offer neurocognitive training programs and digital therapies devoted to managing stress and maintaining cognitive skills among executives. The proposed services rely on the collection and analysis of multimodal biometric data using research-grade measurement tools.
Our startup brings together experienced entrepreneurs and experts from various backgrounds: neuroscientists, medical doctors, psychologists, ergonomists, game designers, computer scientists. We combine our teams' expertise to make the best services available to the general public in the very near future.
Your mission :
As a data scientist at Open Mind Innovation, you will be a member of the software development team in our R&D facilities in Caen. In collaboration with the technical team and our academic and industrial collaborators, you will be in charge of developing and trainings machine learning models to refine the user experience (modelling markers for biofeedback) and advance our understanding of chronic stress and neuro-psychological disorders (ADHD, PTSD, etc.). You will have to deal with a huge amount of data to get the best of our database! This involves:
- Phenotyping of chronic stress states and other neuro-psychological disorders through the joint analysis of multimodal biosignals (EEG, ECG, GSR, eyetracking, etc.), following a rigorous and multidisciplinary scientific approach.
- Developing high-level pipelines for real-time analysis of biosignals (noise processing and estimation of markers for biofeedback).
- Testing and monitoring the quality and consistency of the database.
Your profile :
- PhD and / or engineer in computer science, signal processing, applied mathematics, statistics, data modeling or neuroscience.
- Solid Python programming skills.
- Strong Machine Learning knowledge and experience (a Kaggle-like achievement is highly valuable). Bonus: Deep Learning Experience (preferably Theano, Torch or Tensorflow)
- Experience in experimental methodology, psychophysics, computational modeling.
- Good knowledge in neurophysiology and associated measures (EEG, ECG, GSR, respiration, eyetracking, etc.).
- Demonstrated delivery of high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Comfortable working in lean environment; problem solving and communication skills
- Special curiosity for new technologies, IoT, self quantified, cognitive sciences, and their applications for well-being.
- Openness and ability to collaborate with various partners in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Independent and efficient, you can adapt to operational constraints.
- Versatility, hacker spirit and DiY: you know how to inform yourself, interact and get out of the frame to solve new problems.
- You know how to be bold while respecting the values and ethics of an innovative company!
How to apply:
The project is ambitious and atypical, like the founders. We rely on extraordinary people to bring energy and a different look to the project, while applying the rigor acquired during your scientific and professional development.
We are interested in your passions, your personality, your qualities and differences rather than the required titles.
Send us your CV and cover letter!