Motion Analysis Physical Therapist or Kinesiologist (Portland, Oregon)
Shriners Hospitals for Children in Portland, Oregon is a leading pediatric hospital specializing in the treatment of children with orthopedic problems including neuromuscular disorders. We are recruiting for a physical therapist, kinesiologist (or other field related to movement science) to join the clinical and research team in our state-of-the-art Motion Analysis Center. The position is part-time, 20 hours per week.
The Motion Analysis Center provides services in clinical movement analysis for a variety of pathologies and has an integrated research program for pathological movement. The center is comprised of instrumentation and computers dedicated to the quantification of human locomotion. The center is equipped with a Vicon motion system with 10 cameras, 5 AMTI force plates, Motion Lab Systems surface and fine wire electromyography with 16-channels, a video system, and a Tekscan foot pressure mat system. The center has a busy research and clinical patient volume with strong support of medical staff. Currently, over 600 patients are tested each year. Research topics include motion related projects initiated by medical staff or staff in the motion analysis center.
- Collect patient data
- Video recording of gait
- Computerized motion analysis – kinematics, kinetics, EMG and foot pressure
- Physical exam including range of motion and manual muscle testing
- Process and plot patient data
- Interpret motion analysis data
- Make clear presentations of patient report to medical staff
- Interact appropriately with children, parents and staff
- Provide clinical input for research projects
- Able to lift patients up to 35 pounds
- Current Oregon physical therapy license (for physical therapist only)
- Experience in motion analysis is preferred
- Experience with pediatric population preferred
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers CPR Card (not required for job application, but required before hire)
Shriners Hospitals for Children is committed to providing the highest quality care to children with neuromusculoskeletal conditions, burn injuries and other special healthcare needs within a compassionate, family-centered and collaborative care environment.
Our work environment is mission driven, high quality and provides great satisfaction to all professionals through the unique health care setting. We are an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing challenging and rewarding careers.
All of our positions, including on-call positions, are benefits eligible. Our generous benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and retirement savings. We offer parking to employees at $30 a month for full-time positions, $20 a month for part-time positions, and $10 a month for on-call positions. We also offer annual Tri-Met passes to employees at no cost. These passes are good for the bus, max, light rail, and tram.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org