Regular Rank Faculty Position - Duke University - Doctor of Physical Therapy Division
Regular Rank Faculty Position
Assistant or Associate Professor
Doctor of Physical Therapy Division, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Division (DPT) seek a regular rank faculty member with expertise in biomechanics and movement science to join in growing faculty. This position is best suited for a highly motivated physical therapist, trained at the PhD level (or equivalently trained ScD, or DSc), and who is formally trained in movement assessment, biomechanical evaluation, and research. The faculty position will include teaching responsibilities with the Doctor of Physical Therapy Division, but will also have opportunities to initiate and coordinate sports-related research in the Department of Physical and Occupational Therapy within the Duke Hospital. Maintaining a clinical practice is also an option for interested candidates. The appointment is uniquely positioned to promote collaboration between the academic and clinical entities at Duke University, and has strong support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Course coordination and teaching in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Division;
- Conceptualizing, collaborating and designing clinical and mechanistic research for the Department of Physical and Occupational Therapy;
- Authoring manuscripts for quality publications in top-tier journals;
- Cultivating the long-term professional relationship between the academic and clinical physical therapy programs at Duke University.
Duke University and Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, and learners without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We consider diversity and inclusion a critical core value of the institution. We welcome nominations of and applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University and Department of Orthopaedic Surgery’s research, teaching and clinical mission
The position is a non-tenure track academic appointment. Interested candidates selected for an interview will be asked to present their research portfolio. All interested candidates should send (in confidence) a cover letter and curriculum vitae by June 1, 2017 including contact information for three references by email to:
Kai Kennedy PT, DPT
Chair, Search Committee
Doctor of Physical Therapy Division
Duke University Medical Centre (DUMC)
Box 104002, Durham, NC, 27708
- PhD, DSc, or ScD degree;
- Licensed physical therapist, or license eligible, in the state of North Carolina;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Strong formal academic movement science or biomechanics training;
- Ability to work independently, as well within a multidisciplinary team;
- Capacity to coordinate and perform research;
- Interests in clinical sports interventions and sports research;
- Interest in teaching.