Bio-analytics Engineer | XCo Tech Inc. | Okanagan (Penticton), BC, CANADA
We’re looking for a data wiz to lead analytics and algorithm development for our bio-analytics platform.
The XCo team is obsessed with producing actionable data for sport, healthcare and robotics at a global scale. We create IoT and wearable solutions to improve human performance, health and automation. We make next generation bio-analytics and sensor fusion possible with our proprietary motion and biometric sensor technology.
Our team is made up of experienced system engineers, hardware engineers and product innovators. We believe in rapid testing, iteration, and quality in both design and engineering.
We are a young company and this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor. You will be responsible for sensor evaluations, analytics, algorithm development, visualizations and validation. You are the type of person that loves problem solving using technology, collecting data, analyzing data and you have a strong desire to share your findings with everyone else. You also have a passion for sports, fitness and/or medical technology.
- Validate and improve the accuracy of XCo’s algorithms and analytics.
- Develop novel algorithms that provide value to customers.
- Source, test and evaluate biometric sensors.
- Assist with subject recruitment, setup and data collection
- Be the in-house guru on analyzing individual and population data.
- Supervise data acquisition by partners and conduct analyses on their data during key development phases (ex. Alpha, Beta).
- Transfer knowledge to engineers for product improvements.
- Train and educate customers on how to best use the system and how to get the most out of their data.
Skills and experience
- You have deep knowledge and passion in sports and/or medical fields.
- You have some experience working with hardware and software engineers.
- You probably have a biomedical engineering or biomechanics or data science related degree.
- You have demonstrated good project management.
- You have expertise in analytics, algorithm development, data visualization and what data science tools to use and when as they relate to sport, fitness and the life sciences.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills including making presentations in Powerpoint, Pages or Google Slides.
- You also have an interest in autonomous vehicle technology (just because that is something else we do - who doesn’t like robots and drones?)
- You have a good level of understanding of networking, linux, and databases.
- You can program at the level of making code alterations and for writing and running your own algorithms and analytics.
- And, it is is a plus if you have experience with RF systems and their peculiarities.
Remuneration includes a competitive salary, stock options and benefits based on experience and aptitude. The position is with our product team at our main office in the beautiful Okanagan Valley (Penticton, BC, Canada).
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Bio-analytics Engineer in the subject line. If we are interested in you then we will contact you for an interview. This position will remain open until filled.