Human Performance Lab Internship, Brooks Running
This internship commences in August 2017 and lasts for six (6) months, concluding in February 2018. A minimum of 30 hours/week is required for this position, but we can be flexible with days/hours. The Hourly Pay will be $18.00/hour for the duration of this temporary internship.Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Play As a Team, Compete Every Day, Demonstrate Integrity, Have Fun and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Human Performance Lab Intern will gain hands on experience in product research from the leading running brand - Brooks Running Company. The primary responsibilities of the Lab Intern will be to assist in data collection and data processing. This will enable the Lab intern to learn the protocols involved. The protocols will include but will not be limited to Biomechanical and Mechanical test protocols. The goal for the Lab Intern is to become self-sufficient in both data collection and processing. They will also gain knowledge on how the lab influences and impacts the design and development of running shoes and apparel.
- Assist Biomechanists in data collection and processing
- Learn biomechanics equipment, data collection and processing techniques
- Learn mechanical testing techniques to be performed on plaque materials and shoes
- Learn to analyze mechanical and biomechanical data
- Create mechanical and biomechanical reports based in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Learn to perform a gait analysis
- Become familiar with anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics of running/walking
- Become familiar with the running shoe design features and components
- Develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community
- Other duties as assigned
- Current college student or within one year of graduation (junior undergraduate to graduate level desired) working on degree in kinesiology, exercise & sports science, physiology, mechanical engineering, bioengineering or biomechanical engineering related degree
- College experience in science lab atmosphere
- 3D Motion Capture experience preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate effective time management skills
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
- Minimum commitment of 6 months
- Must be available to work at least 30 hours per week
- Distribution of hours must be fairly consistent and comprise of no less than 4 hours blocks
- Ability to arrange transportation to Headquarter’s Laboratory in Seattle, WA
Please apply online for the internship at: http://jobs.jobvite.com/brooks-sports-inc/job/o5m84fwn