PDA

View Full Version : Determining Joint Centers (was Re: upper torso modelling)

Jason Harrison
07-07-2000, 08:18 AM
Rather than estimate the positions of the joint centers from
anatomical landmarks, use the marker motions to estimate the
positions of the joint centers. I would suggest looking at this recent
work:
O'Brien, J. F., Bodenheimer, B. E., Brostow, G. J., Hodgins, J. K.,
"Automatic Joint Parameter Estimation from Magnetic Motion Capture
Data." Proceedings of Graphics Interface 2000, Montreal, Quebec,
Canada, May 15-17, pp. 53-60.

A copy of the paper can be downloaded from
http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/gvu/people/student/James.F.OBrien.html/