View Full Version : Determining Joint Centers (was Re: upper torso modelling)

Jason Harrison
07-07-2000, 08:18 AM
Rather than estimate the positions of the joint centers from
anatomical landmarks, use the marker motions to estimate the
positions of the joint centers. I would suggest looking at this recent
O'Brien, J. F., Bodenheimer, B. E., Brostow, G. J., Hodgins, J. K.,
"Automatic Joint Parameter Estimation from Magnetic Motion Capture
Data." Proceedings of Graphics Interface 2000, Montreal, Quebec,
Canada, May 15-17, pp. 53-60.

A copy of the paper can be downloaded from