PDA

View Full Version : Re: High Speed Video

Jin Jia
08-07-2000, 04:34 PM
Dear Mike:

Besides MotionScope, do you know there are two new types of video camera
from RedLake? Both prices are less than $10000.
PCI 500
PCI 500 is a kind camera the same to MotionScope. But it plugs into a
PC, captures images on the PCI card and downloads directly to the hard
drive. The recording rates are from 60 to 500 fps. It have software support
allow you to save video files in different format: AVI, TIFF, JPEG..... In
my case, I save the video files into TIFF format and use the NIH-Image to do
motion analysis. NIH-Image is FREE.
http://www.redlake.com/prodindexframe.html

MotionMeter
MotionMeter is a hand-held digital camera with analog output. It's
recording rates are from 60 to1000 fps. To get the video file from the
camera's memory, you do not need a frame capture card. You can use a USB
Videobus made by Belkin Corp. for about $90 to get images from MotionMeter
into a laptop. http://www.redlake.com/prodindexframe.html

Hope these are helpful,

Regards,
Jack Jia