PDA

View Full Version : public domain PDF tools (correction)

Ton Van Den Bogert
11-06-2000, 04:07 AM
In an earlier posting I wrote:

> One advantage of PDF files not mentioned by Dr. Siff is that the contents
> are protected: no text or graphics can be copied to other documents.

This is not correct. The full Adobe Acrobat package does allow files
to be edited, and I presume, contents to be extracted. Thanks to
Pat Crago for pointing this out.

In fact, since Adobe encourages third party software development and
has published the complete specifications of the PDF file format, many
tools have been developed to convert to and from PDF files, see
http://www.pdfzone.com .

Ton van den Bogert, Biomch-L co-moderator