PDA

View Full Version : Re: Visual closing speed

oevans64
01-23-2001, 09:50 AM
There is a discussion regarding object motion in Chapter 7 of 'Handbook of
Human Factors' 2nd ed Salvendy, G (ed)

At 10:06 24/01/01, you wrote:
>From: dpayne
>Subject: Re: Visual closing speed
>
>I have run across a reference to the limit of human perception as 25 - 30
>milliradians per second for persons to discern closing speed on objects.
>The reference is
>
>Plotkin, S. C. (1976) Accident and Product Failure Analysis. Oakland, CA
>Syllabus
>
>Can anyone direct me to the source of this material or any other sources for
>this data?
>
>Dennis Payne

Owen M EVANS, PhD
Associate Professor, Centre for Ergonomics and Human Factors
School of Human Biosciences, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
Postal: School of Human Biosciences, La Trobe University, VIC 3086, Australia
mailto:o.evans@latrobe.edu.au Tel: +61 3 9479 5787 Fax: +61 3 9479 5784