PDA

View Full Version : Re: Stabilization

Thomas Seeholzer
04-01-2001, 01:43 AM
Thorsten,

In cooperation with the university of Augsburg/Germany a special software
has been developed which analyses drop jumps (as well as counter-movement
and squat-jumps) automatically. This software package is called SIMI°OnForce
and computes parameters like starting, maximum and minimum forces and
elevation of center of mass.
We had the same problem and selected a simple (but working) algorithm to
determine start and end of movement.
For example: The end of the movement is reached when the changes in the
vertical ground reaction force are less than a given value (e.g. 10 N or 1%
of body weight) for at least a small period in time (e.g. 50 ms).
A lot of tests showed that this simple algorithm is quite reliable in the
majority of trials.

Best regards,

Thomas Seeholzer
SIMI Reality Motion Systems GmbH