PDA

View Full Version : simulation of balance in ballet

Camilla Pedersen
10-14-2001, 07:53 PM
Dear All,

My name is Camilla Pedersen. I'm doing my master degree at the IT-University in Copenhagen. The subject is a simulation of balance in ballet. Right now I think the approach will be to use the COP to control the COM to be in a desired position.

I would like to hear your opinions about the approach. Is it a good idea to control the COM by the COP instead of for example to control the COM directly by the joints as it has been done in other simulations? I think it could give some interesting opportunities in a simulation to have a control of the ground force. Especially in ballet were you have to be very aware of have to use the floor for balance and for take-offs.

Are there some literature about how ballet dancers keep balance, how humans use and control COP or some other literature that would be interesting in this connexion?

I've just read: David Winter, Aftab Patla, Francois Prince, Milad Ishac, Krystyna Gielo-Perczak Stiffness Control of Balance in quiet Standing J. Neurophysiology 80(3) September 1998

Looking forward to your feedback and response,

Camilla Pedersen

---------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe send SIGNOFF BIOMCH-L to LISTSERV@nic.surfnet.nl
For information and archives: http://isb.ri.ccf.org/biomch-l
---------------------------------------------------------------