PDA

View Full Version : Re: Subluxation Paradox:

Chris Organ
02-12-2002, 06:54 AM
List,

The definition of "subluxation" rests upon the premise that "normal"
vertebral elements are always precisely aligned. Anyone one who has
performed dissections on real animals knows the high degree in
variability that occurs naturally. The hypothesis that "subluxations"
exist has, to my knowledge, always been pursued by searching for
confirming evidence, instead of falsifying evidence. Furthermore, even
if "subluxations" were shown to exist, they are assumed, a priori, to
bear a casual relationship with lower back.

For these reasons alone (definitional and methodological problems),
chiropractic medicine is best grouped with other pseudoscience
practices, such as homeopathy, qi kung, etc.

Best, Chris Organ

Chris Organ
Center for Computational Biology, CBN
Department of Paleontology, MOR