PDA

View Full Version : Re: Visible Human dataset as a standard for biomechanical models?

csekhar36
07-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Dear Anita,

I come from engineering background, we work with 50thPercentile dummies
for occupant safety studies. Its a standard practice to do so , as validated
results are also available for these. Does safety study fall into what you are
terming as biomechanical study ? If yes it should get acceptance in the
automotive safety world before it becomes a everyday practice , with a
good reason to do so.

I don't know whether i made relevant sense,as I come from a different
background, but subscribe to this group as it helps understand the
full perspective .

Regards,
Chandra
Axiom Consulting.