PDA

View Full Version : Re: Making electrode leads

rday50
08-04-2002, 12:54 PM
We have recently made up some snap on leads, using ordinary nickel plated
snap fasteners used in clothing. These appear to work fine, but we did not
look at noise.

I should think that increased noise would not be a problem, provided the
snaps are correctly sized to get a good grip on the other side. The nickel
plating has low resistance and doesn't corrode easily.

We scraped the plating off the back before soldering the wires, and got good
joints (the snaps are brass under the plating).

Hope this helps.

Rob.
--
Robert Day ph +61 8 9224 3227