PDA

View Full Version : Re: Summary of Responses Re: Biomechanics of the Soccer Kick

David P. Dillard
01-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Here are some additional resources that you may want to consider regarding
biomechanics of the soccer kick.

NUNOME, HIROYUKI. ASAI, TAKESHI. IKEGAMI, YASUO. SAKURAI, SHINJI.
Three-dimensional kinetic analysis of side-foot and instep soccer kicks.
Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.
34(12):2028-2036, December 2002

LEVANON, JACOB. DAPENA, JESUS. Comparison of the kinematics of the
full-instep and pass kicks in soccer. Medicine & Science in Sports &
Exercise. 30(6):917-927, June 1998.

The relationship of the kicking action in soccer and anterior ankle
impingement syndrome: a biomechanical analysis.
30(1):45-50, 2002 Jan-Feb. (20 ref) American Journal of Sports Medicine

Barfield WR. The biomechanics of kicking in soccer. [Journal Article.
Review. Tables/Charts] Clinics in Sports Medicine. 17(4):711-28, 1998 Oct.
Clinics in Sports Medicine

Dorge HC. Anderson TB. Sorensen H. Simonsen EB. Biomechanical differences
in soccer kicking with the preferred and the non-preferred leg.
Journal of Sports Sciences. 20(4):293-9, 2002

Davids K. Lees A. Burwitz L. Understanding and measuring coordination and
control in kicking skills in soccer: implications for talent
identification and skill acquisition.
Journal of Sports Sciences. 18(9):703-14, 2000 Sep.

Dorge HC. Andersen TB. Sorensen H. Simonsen EB. Aagaard H. Dyhre-Poulsen
P. Klausen K. EMG activity of the iliopsoas muscle and leg kinetics during
the soccer place kick.
Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports.
9(4):195-200, 1999 Aug.

Levanon J. Dapena J. Comparison of the kinematics of the full-instep and
pass kicks in soccer.[erratum appears in Med Sci Sports Exerc 1998
Aug;30(8):1344]. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.
30(6):917-27, 1998 Jun.

Mognoni P. Narici MV. Sirtori MD. Lorenzelli F. Isokinetic torques and
kicking maximal ball velocity in young soccer players.
Journal of Sports Medicine & Physical Fitness. 34(4):357-61, 1994 Dec.

Anderson DI. Sidaway B. Coordination changes associated with practice of
a soccer kick.
Research Quarterly for Exercise & Sport. 65(2):93-9, 1994 Jun

McLean BD. Tumilty DM. Left-right asymmetry in two types of soccer kick.
British Journal of Sports Medicine. 27(4):260-2, 1993 Dec.

I hope that these additional citations will prove useful to your research.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584