PDA

View Full Version : Re: proprioreception or Proprioception

David P. Dillard
02-19-2003, 01:09 AM
Very good eye, spelling is never a minor point in database searching. I
copied the spelling from the origninal message and it looked funny to me
but at three o'clock in the morning, correct spellings were not at the
forefront of my critical reading skills, I thought that I might have been
incorrect. Spelling has never been one of my favorite hobbies.

---------------------

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Dennis Shavelson DPM, wrote:

> I am looking for ways to monitor proprioreception or techniques that the
> members have for improving proprioreception in entites such a diabetic
> neuropathy.
> I am in the end stages of developing an orthotic that anecdotally
inproves
> "sense of ground" and "balance" in diabetics.
> All materials that can be shared are welcome
> Denis Shavelson, D.P.M.
> DrOTC@aol.com

---------------------

So back to the good database and a check of the correctly spelled
proprioception with diabetes leads these two citations to add to my list.

Lord SR. Caplan GA. Colagiuri R. Colagiuri S. Ward JA. Sensori-motor
function in older persons with diabetes.
Diabetic Medicine. 10(7):614-8, 1993 Aug-Sep.

Dasmahapatra A. Duran W. Lavietes MH. Inspiratory reflexes in diabetes
mellitus. Chest. 97(3 Suppl):43S-44S, 1990 Mar.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University