PDA

View Full Version : Re: BIOMCH-L Digest - 6 Nov 2003 to 8 Nov 2003 (#2003-238)

Mike Whittle
11-08-2003, 09:24 AM
At 12:00 AM Sunday 11/9/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>We consider installing a gait analysis system in our clinic. Gaol is the
>objective evaluation of canine lameness. As we are new in that business
>I contacted the three "big" manufactures. Interestingly there a quit big
>differences discussing the price for an appropriate force plate. From
>6.000$ up to 12.000$. Bertec (www.bertec.com) seems to be the cheapest
>company. Could someone tell me, whether the Bertec force plate (4060-08)
>has any disadvantage to the other force plates (Kisterl, AMTI) so we
>shouldn't by the one from Bertec?

I would regard myself as an experienced force platform user, having
published a number of papers based on the analysis of force platform
data. I have used a pair of Bertec force platforms for the past 12 years,
and have been extremely satisfied with them. They have a high frequency
response, have been trouble-free, and as far as I can tell, are
accurate. I previously used Kistler force platforms, which had a lower
frequency response and were much more expensive. They eventually had to be
scrapped, because they were affected by damp. You should certainly give
serious consideration to buying Bertec platforms.

Michael W. Whittle, MD, PhD
Cline Chair of Rehabilitation Technology (#3253)
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403, USA
Phone: +1-423-425-4046
Fax: +1-423-425-2215