View Full Version : cross-sectional area - adjustment to body weight,lean body weight and height

01-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Dear Readers,
I am working on comparing the cross-sectional area of
ACL between different populations (race, gender etc).
In order to determine if one population has
comparatively larger cross-sectional area, the areas
have to be normalized (adjusted) to the body weight,
lean body weight and height of the subject. One simple
way to this is just by dividing the cross-sectional
area by body weight, lean body weight or height and
then comparing the area between the populations to see
if there exists any difference. Is anyone is aware of
any other ways of doing it? I would appreciate any

Thank You
Naveen Chandrashekar
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas-79409

Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

To unsubscribe send SIGNOFF BIOMCH-L to LISTSERV@nic.surfnet.nl
For information and archives: http://isb.ri.ccf.org/biomch-l
Please consider posting your message to the Biomch-L Web-based
Discussion Forum: http://movement-analysis.com/biomch_l