PDA

View Full Version : Re: High speed DV

anoah64
04-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Alvaro,

It is better to refer to cameras in terms of frames per second rather than
Hz, as I have found that the fields and frames gets confused when you go
above 100 frames per second. To answer your question, yes it is difficult
to analyze swing phase more than qualitatively with a 30 frame per second
camera. A 60 frame per second camera is sufficient, but 125 is better.
Hope this helps.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Biomechanics and Movement Science listserver
[mailto:BIOMCH-L@NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf Of Alvaro Gurovich
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 1:57 PM
To: BIOMCH-L@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: Re: [BIOMCH-L] High speed DV

Thomas:

Thank for the advise. I read the e-mail and the forum web page. But I'm
still having a doubt: is it possible to make some analysis with Sony Digital
cameras if they have 30 Hz.? Isn't to low?

In my School of Kinesiology we are doing some things with these kind of
cameras and we would like to buy some others to teach motion analysis in our
course of Biomechanics. This is the reason I would like to know which are
the home cameras with the highest speed we can find to do it the best way
possible.

Thanks in advance

ALVARO GUROVICH
BIOMECHANICS TEACHER