PDA

View Full Version : Re: paper about pregnancy

David P. Dillard
05-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Here are some citations to articles that may help your research
regarding biomechanics aspects or exercise during pregnancy.

El-Metwalli AG. Badawy AM. El-Baghdadi LA. El-Wehady A.
Occupational physical activity and pregnancy outcome.
European Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology, & Reproductive
Biology.
100(1):41-5, 2001 Dec 10.

Vullo VJ. Richardson JK. Hurvitz EA.
Hip, knee, and foot pain during pregnancy and the
postpartum period.
Journal of Family Practice.
43(1):63-8, 1996 Jul

Focus. When to adjust: chiropractic & pregnancy.
Jaca Journal of the American Chiropractic Association.
40(11):8-12, 14-6, 2003 Nov.

Foti T. Davids JR. Bagley A.
A biomechanical analysis of gait during pregnancy.
Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery - American Volume.
82A(5):625-32, 2000 May.

Florack EI. Pellegrino AE. Zielhuis GA. Rolland R.
Influence of occupational physical activity on pregnancy duration
and birthweight.
Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health.
21(3):199-207, 1995 Jun.

Florack EI. Zielhuis GA. Pellegrino JE. Rolland R.
Occupational physical activity and the occurrence of
spontaneous abortion.
International Journal of Epidemiology.
22(5):878-84, 1993 Oct.

Polden M.
Teaching postnatal exercises.
Midwives Chronicle.
98(1173):271-4, 1985 Oct.

Jelen, K., Otahal, S., Dolezal, A.
Response of a pregnant uterus on impact loading.
(Biomechanicke charakteristiky chovani tehotne delohy pri
impaktni zatezi.)
(Biomechanische Charakteristik des Verhaltens von der
schwangeren Gebaermutter bei der impacten Belastung.)
Gymnica
29(2), 1999, 15-18

McNitt-Gray, J.L. Biomechanics related to exercise in pregnancy.
In, Artal Mittelmark, R. (ed.),
Exercise in pregnancy,
2nd ed., Baltimore, MD., Williams & Wilkins, c1991,
p. 133-140.

I hope that these citations will be useful to your research work.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584