PDA

View Full Version : Re: preassure sensor footplate

zsawacha41
06-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Dear all,
as promised this is a summary of my previous post regarding a pressure
sensor footplate's mat.
Thank you very much to all who responded to my question.

Hope these informations will be helpful for someone else.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Petre"
To: "zimi sawacha"
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 7:04 PM
Subject: RE: [BIOMCH-L] preassure sensor footplate

*******************

> Zimi Sawacha, PhD student
>

> Department of Information Engineering
>

> University of Padova
>

> Via Gradenigo, 6b I-35131 PADOVA - Italy
>

> e-mail: Zimi.Sawacha@dei.unipd.it
>
> zimisawi@hotmail.com
>

>************************************************** *************************
Dear Zimi,

There is a relatively new wall covering process that "spatters" paint with
multiple
colors to give a granite type look. Since it is spattered, it has a slight
texture,
which may help to comouflage it. There are also granite roll on paint
products that may
suite your needs.

I'm sure your local hardware store or wall/floor covering contractor would
be able to
point you in the right direction. Good luck.

--
Stephen Dixon
University of New Brunswick

Dear Zimi,

We are designer and manufacturer of the RSscan INTERNATIONAL pressure
system: footscan.

A few years ago we have designed the footscan 3D system. This pressure
plate (0.5 meter up to 2 meter) can be placed on top of a force plate
and the analogue signals from the force plate can be interfaced and
displayed within the pressure system. We also use the vertical force
signal to calibrate our system for each measured frame. This unique self
calibrating device is allowing absolute pressure data.

On top of that you can use EVA walkway material. We have tested with
that already in different setups (universities in Belgium and UK) and
the small slice of EVA material does not influence the pressure
measurement (nor timing or pressure values).

Best regards,
Wim

Wim Lambrechts
Management & Marketing
RSscan INTERNATIONAL
Lammerdries 27
B-2250 Olen
Belgium
tel.: +32 14 23 20 31
fax.: +32 14 23 53 90
*******************************
Perhaps Mike Rowling of CIR Systems can be of assistance. He deals with
the GAITRite as well as other gait and balance systems which I have
found to be quite valid and reliable.

sales@gaitrite.com
610-420-3134
610-449-4879

David A. Lehman, PhD, PT

Associate Professor

Tennessee State University

Department of Physical Therapy

3500 John A. Merritt Blvd.

Nashville, TN 37209

615-963-5946

dlehman@tnstate.edu

***
Dear Zimi,

do you already have the plantar footplate? Are your subjects going to walk
on bare feet? The reason I am asking this is because I am interested too in
the measure of the foot pressure distribution during posture and eventually
during gait. I am not sure if the following link can be on any help to you
but this is the only thing I have ever seen for the application that your
are thinking about: http://www.sensorprod.com/tactilus/pdf/Footing.pdf

I don't know if it is expensive, because I am not at the point of ordering
equipment yet, but it is a possibility.

Best luck for your study and if you need any further help just let me know,
sincerely,
Massimo.

---

Massimo Cenciarini, Graduate Student Researcher
3700 O'Hara St.
749 Benedum Hall Bldg.
Bioengineering Dept., School of Engineering
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15261

(412)624-8126 work phone
(412)680-8066 mobile phone