PDA

View Full Version : summary of replies: Off-the-shelf 6-DOF sensors

adrory-weinstock12
07-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Dear Subscribers,

I would like to thanks all those who have replied to my post. Below is the
original post followed by a brief summary of replies;

Original Post:

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:14:00 +1000
From: Ami Drory-Weinstock
To: BIOMCH-L@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: [BIOMCH-L] Off-the-shelf 6-DOF sensors query
Greetings All,

We are after a small light-weight off-the-shelf 6-DOF sensor or sensor pack
(3 rate gyros (for example Analog Devices ADXRS300), 3 accelerometers and
idealy 3 magnetometers as well). Does anyone know of a vendor that
manufactures / integrates such a sensor? Any feedback from people, who
have been using a similar sensor would be greatly appreciated.
Please reply to: ami_drory@student.usyd.edu.au .
I'll post a summary of replies in couple of weeks.
Thanks in advance.
--
Ami Drory-Weinstock
PhD Candidate (Sports Biomechanics)

School of Exercise and Sport Science
The University of Sydney
PO Box 170 Lidcombe, NSW 1825
Australia
phone: +61 2 93519724

Summary of replies:

The replies that I have received indicate that only two companies integrate
accelerometers, rate gyros and magnetometers into one miniature sensor;
www.xsens.com
www.microstrain.com

Larger sensor packs;
www.xbow.com
www.appliedphysics.com

6-DOF electromagnetic sensors;
www.polhemus.com
www.ascension-tech.com
www.intersense.com

Gyro / accelerometers / magnetometers manufacturers;
www.murata.com
www.analog.com
www.gyration.com
www.honeywell.com

I appologise, if I have failed to mention anyone. Please email me, if you
wish to receive a detailed tech specs comparison table of the various
products (ami_drory@student.usyd.edu.au).
Regards,
Ami Drory-Weinstock