PDA

View Full Version : Responses to Posterior Tibial Tendon Length

jtome59
07-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Hello Biomch-L Members,
I recently posted the message below asking for information regarding modeling or direct measurement of the posterior tibial tendon. I would like to thank those of you that responded and I appreciate the help. However, it seems as though not much work has been done in this area. Here is a summary of responses:

From:
David A. Lehman, PhD, PT

I believe Dr. Catherine Patla at the University of St Augustine has

done research on the measurement of the posteriaor tibialis.

- - - - - - -

Brian Umberger, Ph.D.

University of Kentucky

Lexington, KY, USA

Josh,

I think that the paper by Klein et al (1996) contains information that

may be helpful to you. The full reference is given below.

- Joshua M. Tome

University of Rochester

Dear Biomch-L Members,

> I am a graduate student working on my thesis involving the
posterior
tibial tendon. I am looking to build a model of its change in length
during
gait. I have read several papers which directly measure the change in
length of
the medial gastroc, as well as the anterior tibial tendon. However, I
have had
little luck finding papers which either directly measure or model the
posterior
tibial tendon. If any of you know of such papers, I would greatly
appreciate
your assistance. Thank you in advance.

> Joshua M. Tome
> University of Rochester

Please consider posting your message to the Biomch-L Web-based
Discussion Forum: http://movement-analysis.com/biomch_l