PDA

View Full Version : (ERRATA CORRIGE): Announcement: new release of the Multimod DataManager

mviceconti63
09-20-2004, 08:38 PM
I want to apologise with all those users that tried to download the
Data Manager immediately after my announcement of yesterday. due to
a material error, the release we placed on the server was compiled
with debug option, and thus requested a Visual C library installed to
run. Also in some cases the self-extracting archive gave problems.
Last but not least, only one example dataset was made available.

If you download the Data Manager now you get a release that run
without the need of the debug library, compressed as a standard .zip
archive, and with three example data sets.
http://www.tecno.ior.it/multimod/DataManager/DataManager_v1b2.zip

Those who are really interested should subscribe to the BEL_Community
forum, where we shall start next week to post tutorials on the
program.
http://www.tecno.ior.it/VRLAB/

Regards and apologies

Marco

>Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:10:06 +0200
>To: BEL_Community@yahoogroups.com, biomch-l@hearn.nic.surfnet.nl
>From: Marco Viceconti
>Subject: Announcement: new release of the Multimod Data Manager
>Cc: MULTIMOD_ADMIN@LIST.CINECA.IT
>Bcc:
>Sorry for cross-posting
>
>Today the Multimod Consortium released the final beta release of the
>Multimod Data Manager.
>http://www.tecno.ior.it/multimod/DataManager/dm_home.html
>
>This program, currently in the beta testing phase, is aimed to:
>- import the disparate data used in bioengineering modelling, i.e.
>3D surfaces, motion data, digital diagnostic images, finite element
>models
>
>- fuse these data into a consistent representation of the study
>target by registration and synchronisation operations
>
>- visualise these data with disparate views integrated to form a
>consistent examination of the study target, using a visualisation
>paradigm called multimodal display
>
>- modify the various data in order to simulate surgical, clinical,
>or simply investigative modifications by mean of wide list of
>available operations
>
>The program is currently poorly documented, and some bugs are still
>open. However, it already provides an unparalleled environment to
>combine and to visualise biomechanics data.
>
>The program is distributed as a freeware for no-profit use. If you
>are interested in the developments of the Data Manager we suggest
>you subscribe to the BEL Community, within which the Data Manager
>user community is being established.
>http://www.tecno.ior.it/VRLAB/
>

>Regards
>
>Marco Viceconti
>on behalf of the Multimod Consortium
>http://www.tecno.ior.it/multimod/
>
>--
>MARCO VICECONTI, PhD (viceconti@tecno.ior.it)
>Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica tel. 39-051-6366865
>Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli fax.
>39-051-6366863
>via di barbiano 1/10, 40136 - Bologna, Italy
>
>Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright in the forest of the night,
>what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?
>Opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of my employer

MARCO VICECONTI, PhD (viceconti@tecno.ior.it)
Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica tel. 39-051-6366865
Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli fax. 39-051-6366863
via di barbiano 1/10, 40136 - Bologna, Italy

Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright in the forest of the night,
what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Please consider posting your message to the Biomch-L Web-based
Discussion Forum: http://movement-analysis.com/biomch_l