PDA

View Full Version : Re: Outdoor Motion Capture System

pslycke24
01-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Dear Dr. Hau Kong,

Considering the description of your needs you might be interested to
have a look at the products of Xsens (www.xsens,com). This system is
based on a network of miniature inertial measurement units (3D linear
acceleration, 3D angular velocity, etc) that can be placed on each limb.
Each sensor unit can then also capture the 3D orientation of the limb
with respect to a global coordinate system and this data can be used to
calculate posture.

A demo movie can be found on: http://www.xsens.com/mocap.htm

The system has been developed based on work from prof. P.H. Veltink at
the University of Twente and is specifically suited for ambulant
measurements of human motion. It is also ideal because you get a direct
measure of the kinematics (not deduced from position data from cameras).
Application sof the system in biomechanics can be found on:
http://www.xsens.com/index_biomechanics.htm

Best regards,
Per Slycke
Xsens Technologies B.V.