PDA

View Full Version : Re: Sports Biomechanics Videos

gfleisig24
01-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Naim,

There's one on our website. Follow these instructions to find it: go to www.asmi.org, then click on "Biomechanical Evaluations", scroll to the bottom and click on "THIS WEEK IN BASEBALL", go down to "August 23, 2003" and click on "The A's pitchers use cutting edge biomechanics." I hope this helps.

- Glenn S. Fleisig, Ph.D.
American Sports Medicine Institute
glennf@asmi.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Nairn Scobie [mailto:ns55z@UDCF.GLA.AC.UK]
Sent: Mon 1/24/2005 4:15 AM
To: BIOMCH-L@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: [BIOMCH-L] Sports Biomechanics Videos

Hello all,

I work as a Teaching Assistant with the Physiology and Sports Science courses at Glasgow University. In the next month or so the 3rd year students will be doing a biomechanics module and I am in the process of upgrading the material we use. I am looking for a video for them to watch looking at the biomechanics of sporting movements. What I have in mind for example, is something like the biomechanical analysis of a golf swing, how this would be carried out and how it would be beneficial to a golfer.

I am therefore wondering if any of you know of any such videos and could point me in the right direction of where I could purchase one?

If you could provide me with any information it would be much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Nairn

Nairn Scobie
Faculty Teaching Assistant for Physiology & Sports Science
210, West Medical Building
University of Glasgow
Glasgow
G12 8QQ