PDA

View Full Version : Re: education opportunity - UK

Van Den Bogert, Ton
11-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Dear subscribers,

This posting (copied below) was approved for distribution, but I would like to point out that the moderators should have asked Ms. Cusick for a revision and resubmission. We apologize that we did not do this.

The posting had two problems that could have been corrected:

(1) Biomch-L allows announcements for product-related workshops, but these should be written such that they do not contain advertising for the product Just the facts: time, location, program, contact information. Avoid words like "safe and effective", slogans, and exclamation marks.

(2) If you have a financial interest in a product mentioned in your posting, this needs to be disclosed in the posting. In this case, it would have been important to disclose that Ms. Cusick designed and developed this product (according to http://www.theratogs.com/descriptions.html).

While we were asking for a resubmission, we also would have asked for a more descriptive subject line.

Please help the Biomch-L moderators by following these guidelines. We can't spend too much time reviewing and policing postings, we also have our own research to do.

If you need advice on whether a posting is acceptable, contact us at Biomch-L-Request@nic.surfnet.nl, or just submit the posting with full disclosure such that we can make informed decisions.

--

Ton van den Bogert
Krystyna Gielo-Perczak

Biomch-L co-moderators

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.
Visit us online at our award-winning http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of Cleveland Clinic services, staff and locations from one of the country's leading hospitals.