PDA

View Full Version : Summary of Responses to [BIOMCH-L] spine biomechanics

abarber47
01-18-2007, 05:43 AM
The following is a summary of replies to my request of literature on the
biomechanics of the pediatric spine:

Three-dimensional finite element analysis of the pediatric lumbar spine.
Part I - Sairyo, K. et al
http://www.springerlink.com/content/w6v870r717575xj5/

Three-dimensional finite element analysis of the pediatric lumbar spine.
Part II - Sairyo, K. et al
http://www.springerlink.com/content/e34378365802386g

>From Laura Greaves:

OGDEN , J.G.T.S.J.N.P.H.D.: Development and Maturation of the Axial
Skeleton. In: The Pediatric Spine: Principles and Practice.

New York, Raven Press, 1994.

Volumes 1 and 2 have a section on biomechanics.

Jacob Einhorn:

White, A.A. and Panjabi, M.M: Clinical Biomechanics of the Spine.
Phliadelphia, JB Lippincott Co. 1978.

Rapoff, Andrew J. [rapoffa@union.edu]:

Rapoff, A. et al. "Interbody allograft in skeletally immature spine
model" Eur Spine J 2003;12:307-313.

David Nuckley:

We have published a number of papers which looked at the

developmental mechanics of the immature spine (in baboons). These might

be of interest. (Most of the work is done on the cervical portion of the
spine)

1. Nuckley et al. Stapp Car Crash J 2002

2. Nuckley et al. J Biomech2006

3. Nuckley et al. J Biomech2006

4. Nuckley et al. J Biomech2005

5. Nuckley et al. J Bone 2004

6. Elias et al. JBME 2006

Thanks you for all the replies and the articles. I did not include the
full text here for fear of overloading your mailboxes.

Aviva Barber

MCRA- Musculoskeletal Clinical Regulatory Advisers