PDA

View Full Version : Re: How to reconstruct the position of the missed markers duringhuman motion capture

David Smith
02-14-2007, 04:00 AM
Feng

What is the typical action of the subject that you observe and is partially
missed by the cameras?
How do you know the interpolation is not accurate? If you know it is not
accurate this might imply you have some way of knowing an accurate
characterisation of the true motion.

This is how I might approach the problem--
The computer can only look at the positions of the markers before and after
the gaps and fill in the missing data in some logical way related to this.
If there is some very fast change of position during the gap time the
computer doesn't know this. You may be able to see this by looking at the
raw data and tracking the position of relevant markers close by, and so
knowing that the relative position of the 'missing' marker cannot change
relative to them or changes in a known way, You can therefore write an
equation which will reinstate the missing marker.

What do you think?

Cheers Dave Smith.