PDA

View Full Version : -no subject-

unknown user
12-10-1993, 07:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

I had transmitted a mail before a fortnight on behalf of Mr Sakthi on the
modelling of flatfeet inserts and other related orthosis. We didn't have much
of a response and recently one of my friends wrote as follows:

> Your first messages onto biomech-l generated the following sender
> addresses.
>
> From: CBS%UK.AC.NSFNET-RELAY::IN.ERNET.IITM::SIRNETM!CLRI 28-JUN-1993 10:41:27.37
> From: CBS%UK.AC.EARN-RELAY::IN.ERNET.IITM::SIRNETM!CLRI 28-JUN-1993 11:07:46.55
>
> Replying to these addresses works; as in
> To: CBS%UK.AC.NSFNET-RELAY::IN.ERNET.IITM::SIRNETM!CLRI
>
> But your request for Sakti on flat foot orthosis , and again
> your last reply to my request, both generated these FROM addresses
>
> From: CBS%UK.AC.RUTHERFORD.IBM-B::ERNET.SIRNETM::CLRI 17-NOV-1993 10:36:52.97
> From: CBS%UK.AC.NSFNET-RELAY::SIRNETM.ERNET::CLRI 30-NOV-1993 16:20:09.41
>
> Replying to these addresses does not work. The mailer can't find the address.
>
> To: CBS%UK.AC.RUTHERFORD.IBM-B::ERNET.SIRNETM::CLRI
> To: CBS%UK.AC.NSFNET-RELAY::SIRNETM.ERNET::CLRI
>
> Subj: Delivery Report (failure) for CLRI@SIRNETM.ERNET
>
> Your message was not delivered to CLRI@SIRNETM.ERNET
> for the following reason:
> Unknown Address
> Unknown domain 'SIRNETM.ERNET'
>

> Thought I'd let you know as this might be causing
> similar problems to others trying to reply to your requests
> on biomech-l.

I don't know the exact problem behind this but I have brought this into
the notice of our server here. May be one of you can suggest me to evade
this problem. However, I don't have any problem in receiving mails
when one types my full address instead of just using a 'reply' command.

I don't have problems in getting mails from biomch-l as well.

So, If any of you had replied to our mail and if it was returned back,
I am sorry and try sending it again typing my full address.

thanks for your time.

NACHI.
NACHIAPPAN CHOCKALINGAM
GAIT ANALYSIS LAB
FOOTWEAR SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING DIVISION
CENTRAL LEATHER RESEARCH INSTITUTE
ADYAR
MADRAS 600 020

Ph: 044 412616 Ext: 142,162