PDA

View Full Version : pediatric tissue information request.

Alex Depaula
04-02-2007, 12:40 AM
This is a response to Al Vangura Jr. who was looking for pediatric
tissue for research:

Regards,
Alex
---
C. Alex DePaula, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation, 125 May Street, Edison, NJ 08837.
Voice: 732-661-2261, Fax: 732-661-2309

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Dauber
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:26 AM
To: Alex DePaula
Cc: Mike Real; Christine Norton
Subject: RE: [BIOMCH-L] Paediatric Cadavers

Hello Alex,

Hope all is well.

IIAM has received some pediatric donors. These types of referrals are
rare (to IIAM) I can't speak for other similar programs or for the
Medical college programs though I would imagine that this type of
donation would be rare in those settings as well. We sometimes get
offered tissues from full term still born infants or other very young
infant tissues.

Our donor development is focused primarily around the geriatric
community as well as Hospice. I can get the thoughts of our development
team regarding potential sources of this type of tissue.

Oddly enough we (IIAM) currently have the upper and lower extremities
from a 6 year old female. The tissue was donated 3 years ago and we have
not been able to find placement. If you know of an interested party
please let me know. I can have our client services supervisor (Christine
Norton) contact them and relay pertinent information. Thanks

Jeff Dauber
Associate Director IIAM

you may take a look at www.lifemodeller.com
they have impact contact tutorial.
You may have get some benefit from tutorials