View Full Version : Re: where to buy paint fluid for markers?

06-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Zsolt ...

For the amount you need ... I would suggest you visit your
local highway department. If you talk to them nicely they
may give you a pint and save you a lot of work ... :-)

Be aware that it is not easy to apply retroreflective paint.
The "paint" is really a mix of paint and small glass beads.
If you don't apply the paint properly the beads will clump
in the paint and all you will have is a lumpy mess. When
this "paint" is applied on the highway, the beads are sprayed
into the paint after it has been applied ... there is some
science to the task, it's not just a matter of "mix and apply".


Jim Walton

************************************************** ************
* JAMES (Jim) S. WALTON, Ph.D., President, 4DVIDEO *
* Fellow, Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers *
* US National Delegate to the International Congress on *
* High-Speed Photography and Photonics *
* 825 Gravenstein Highway North, Suite 4 *
* SEBASTOPOL, California 95472 USA *
************************************************** ************
* PHONE: (707) 829-8883 FAX: (707) 829-3527 *
* INTERNET: Jim@4DVideo.com *
************************************************** ************
-----Original Message-----
From: * Biomechanics and Movement Science listserver
[mailto:BIOMCH-L@NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf Of zsolt csende
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:23 AM
Subject: [BIOMCH-L] where to buy paint fluid for markers?

Dear Collegues,

would somebody have a contact number, site address or other resource to help
me with ordering some retroreflective marker PAINT. 3M Hungary tels me that
they do not have it here so I need to purchase it from abroad (European
Union members would be preferred).

Thank you in advance for your time and help:


Dr. Zsolt Csende Ph.D.
Semmelweis University
Biomechanics Department
Alkotas ut 44
Budapest 1123