PDA

View Full Version : simple gait model?

jverrel84
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Dear all,

I'm currently planning a study on structure of variability (UCM) in walking. We are using the VICON system, but I'm not sure about using the PluginGAit model included, for two reasons: 1) I don't know the details of the model calculations; 2) the marker set poses high restrictions on the clothing (in ptic lower sternum and T10).

Therefore I'm thinking of using my own model, and would like to ask for advice, maybe a reference. I need a complete model, allowing forward modelling (map from joint angles to 3D-positions; I need this map in particular for foot, head and CoM position and orientation), but I'm ready to make prior assumptions that allow to reduce the marker set (leg orientation in walking direction, chest moving as one rigid body). In principle it would also be okay to make computations separately in frontal and sagittal plan, reducing the number of DoF considered in some joints.

Any advice on this, general and/or specific, is very welcome!

I'm sorry if this kind of question has been answered before (searching the archive didn't help though). If there's interest I will compile the answers and send them around in a few weeks. When you are answering and you prefer your answer not to be included in this compilation, please let me know.

Best regards, and thanks in advance,

Julius

-----
Julius Verrel
MPI for Human Development
Center for Lifespan Psychology
Berlin