PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Delsys Prize for Innovation in Electromyography is awardedto Dr. Ping Zhou of Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

Tiziana De Luca
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Dear Colleagues,
It is my pleasure to inform the Biomch-L community that the 2007 Delsys Prize for Innovation in Electromyography is awarded to Dr. Ping Zhou, Research Scientist / Research Assistant Professor at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and Northwestern University.
Two separate honorable mentions go to Dr. Andrea d'Avella, Senior Research Scientist, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy and to Dr. Yuri Ivanenko, Research Director, also at the Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy.
As we conclude the fifth year of the prize, I wish to share with you the great pleasure we have in shepherding the growing interest in the field. Delsys is committed to continue this tradition. Personally, I consider it a privilege to take part in this forum for promoting new ideas and developments in Electromyography.
We are delighted by the reception the prize has received from the EMG community all over the world. This year we received 85 qualified entries from 20 countries: 49 % from North America, 29% from Europe, and 22% from other regions. The entries represented a remarkably broad range of interests in Biomechanics, Kinesiology, Signal Processing, Neuromuscular Assessment, Robotics Rehabilitation, Facial EMG, Otolaryngology, fMRI, TMS, and various other areas. It is enriching to witness the growth and continuing maturation of the field of Electromyography.
I thank all those who participated this year and invite them all to consider participating in the 2008 Delsys Prize. Each year the decision becomes increasingly challenging as the quality of the contributions increases. I thank the members of the Delsys Prize Review Board for volunteering their service, for their fairness, and for their scientific rigor.
For more details on the 2007 winner and information on the prize please visit www.delsys.com.
With best wishes
Carlo De Luca