PDA

View Full Version : Re: high speed video capture

unknown user
11-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi Justin,

the requirements you describe exactly match the systems which are our daily
business. We are delivering video-based systems mainly for biomechanics
research. Our main product is a sophisticated 3D motion analysis software
which integrates synchronous acquisition of high-speed cameras and analog
data. (www.simi.com)

A common video capture system includes 4 to 6 cameras at 100 or 200 Hz at
VGA resolution. Of course we can also offer systems with more than 6 cameras
(at some number you might need a second PC). With mobile PCs/Notebooks you
are much more limited of course.
We store uncompressed video raw data without any quality loss. We also could
easily integrate video compression (e.g. MJPEG) but until now we have not
done this as our customers did not demand for this feature.

Recording 60 minutes with multiple cameras at 200 Hz is not a problem with
our system. We would be happy if you would contact us to discuss your
requirements in detail.

Best regards,
Charlotte

--
Simi. your movolution.

Charlotte Weber
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Medizintechnik & sportmedizinische Technik
Support & Project Management

Simi Reality Motion Systems GmbH
Max-Planck-Strasse 11
D 85716 Unterschleissheim/Germany