PDA

View Full Version : Re: Asimo robot gait

dleib64
12-07-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm not a robotics engineer, but looking at the video it seems that the
robot doesn't use plantarflexion as a means of propulsion or when he's
descending the stairs. My guess is that they couldn't get the fine control
of the foot correct with a more complicated foot geometry (as this issue
also continues to be a problem in computational modeling) and it was simply
much easier to hit the ground flat-footed, especially with a robot of that
size.

-Dan

--
Daniel Leib
Ball State Biomechanics Graduate Assistant