PDA

View Full Version : Re: Asimo robot gait

cgeiser70
12-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Hello all,

I'll take a stab at this one:

Not knowing what they used for robot "muscles", I would guess the amount of knee flexion observed during the robots gait allows better control of the knee joint. Much like we're finding with ACL tears in athletes, a more extended knee position probably shortens the muscle moment arm and decreases muscular control of the joint - thus they keep the knees somewhat flexed?

Interested what others think.

Chris

Chris Geiser MS, PT, LAT, ATC
Program Director - Athletic Training Education
Marquette University
PO Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
Christopher.geiser@marquette.edu