PDA

View Full Version : Re: Asimo robot gait

Paolo De Leva
12-08-2007, 02:51 AM
Dear Chris,

the robot may also need some damping and possibly elastic energy storage
(EES) immediately after foot contact (we cannot call it "heel strike" in
this case) and it only gets it by means of knee flexion.

Our pelvis contributes to damping and EES, mainly by rotating about its
anteroposterior axis at foot contact. Asimo's pelvis can only rotate about
its cranio-caudal axis.

Asimo's ankle seems rather "primitive" and incapable of damping at foot
contact. Our ankle contributes to damping: e.g. our tibialis anterior is
active at heel contact and this decreases the so called "passive peak" of
the ground reaction force.

Regards,

Paolo de Leva