PDA

View Full Version : Re: [Fwd: Re: [BIOMCH-L] Using Real-Time VICON with MATLAB]

mpusch87
12-12-2007, 03:43 AM
I work for WorldViz (www.worldviz.com) and our software toolkit Vizard (costs $3249 academic) specializes in real-time
interactive virtual reality and can record data in real time with Matlab compatible format.

It connects with Vicon / Motionanalysis / Phasespace / Moven etc. thru Motionbuilder (made by Autodesk, costs some $300 academic).
This enables life streaming of movement data and life animation and interaction with 3D avatars in a virtual space.
See videos at
http://www.worldviz.com/products/livecharacters/index.html

We have a bunch of experience with different Mocap vendors, as we often integrate systems at the customer site.
For low latencies, we have found systems from PhaseSpace (www.phasespace.com) a good solution: 480Hz and less than 10ms latency. Their 8cam system sells for US$50k.

Another interesting option for real time is the inertial Mocap from Moven (www.moven.com) which streams data with up to 120Hz. The cost is (I believe) 60K Euro.

Feel free to contact me directly if you need more info.
Hope that helps,

Matthias Pusch
WorldViz, LLC
29 West Anapamu St.