PDA

View Full Version : Re: manual video phase delimiting software

jwyoung32
01-17-2008, 01:03 AM
If you're a Macintosh user, or have access to a Macintosh, I highly
recommend MacShapa. It's a very user friendly software package that
was created to do just what you're talking about.

http://www.aviation.uiuc.edu/institute/acadprog/epjp/macshapa.html

take care,

Jesse

On 1/17/08, Philippe Malcolm wrote:
> Dear Biomch-L readers,
> My colleagues and I are facing a large amount of locomotion videos
> from which we have to manually determine the heel strike and toe off
> times (e.g. http://users.ugent.be/~pmalcolm/mail2/samplevideo.avi). I
> was wondering if there is any software that would allow to do this in
> an ergonomic way?
>
> It would be ideal if there would be a software that allows opening an
> avi, where you could navigate through the video by means of the arrow
> keys and each time when a gait event occurs you could press a
> designated key (e.g. F1 for heel strike right, F2 for heel strike
> left, ...) which would automatically add the corresponding time or
> frame number to a txt-file. (e.g.
> http://users.ugent.be/~pmalcolm/mail2/output.txt)
>
> In this way you would be able to keep your hands on the keyboard
> (=work faster) and there would be no risk for mistyping the times or
> frame numbers.Does anyone know of a software package that allows
> working in such a way or that could be adapted for this purpose?
>
> thanks for your suggestions, sincerely,
> Philippe Malcolm(philippe.malcolm@ugent.be, +32(0)9.264.86.59)

Jesse W. Young
Doctoral Candidate
Interdepartmental Doctoral Program in Anthropological Sciences
Stony Brook University

http://gibbon.anat.sunysb.edu/IDPAS/index.php?page=students/young