PDA

View Full Version : Re: - 3D Accelerometers

Van Den Bogert, Ton
05-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Chris Kirtley wrote:

> You can buy a 3D accelerometer chip for about $10 and build a
> nice microcontroller around it, with flash memory and maybe
> Bluetooth telemetry, for not much more. In doing so you will
> get a much more versatile tool and, more importantly, will
> understand every step of how you obtain the data.

I totally agree. Some more information (for the archives):

Chips are available from http://www.analogdevices.com (iMEMS
accelerometers) and they are indeed about $10 for a 3D accelerometer.
Soldering is difficult because the device is so small. You can buy one
mounted on a little circuit board for about $35 from
http://www.sparkfun.com. Sparkfun also has bluetooth and lots of other
interesting things.

--

Ton van den Bogert
Department of Biomedical Engineering

in America by U.S. News & World Report (2007).
locations.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please
its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.