PDA

View Full Version : Re: Normalised Force-Length and Force-Velocity data for humanlower-extremity muscles

Van Den Bogert, Ton
10-15-2008, 03:35 AM
Leonidas Spyrou wrote:

> I would like to request
> from anyone could help with gaining normalised Force-Length
> and Force-Velocity data for human lower-extremity muscles.

A very good source is Delp's lower extremity model:
http://isbweb.org/data/delp/index.html, click on "muscle file".

Normalized force-length and force-velocity relationships from this file
are attached below.

Force is normalized to maximum force, length to optimal fiber length,
and velocity to maximal shortening velocity.

Ton van den Bogert

--

A.J. (Ton) van den Bogert, PhD
Department of Biomedical Engineering

beginactiveforcelengthcurve
/* (norm length, norm force) */
(-5.00000,0.000000)
(0.000000,0.000000)
(0.401000,0.000000)
(0.402000,0.000000)
(0.403500,0.000000)
(0.527250,0.226667)
(0.628750,0.636667)
(0.718750,0.856667)
(0.861250,0.950000)
(1.045000,0.993333)
(1.217500,0.770000)
(1.438750,0.246667)
(1.618750,0.000000)
(1.620000,0.000000)
(1.621000,0.000000)
(2.200000,0.000000)
(5.000000,0.000000)
endactiveforcelengthcurve

beginforcevelocitycurve
/* velocity, normalized force */
(-1.000000,0.000000)
(-0.950000,0.010417)
(-0.900000,0.021739)
(-0.850000,0.034091)
(-0.800000,0.047619)
(-0.750000,0.062500)
(-0.700000,0.078947)
(-0.650000,0.097222)
(-0.600000,0.117647)
(-0.550000,0.140625)
(-0.500000,0.166667)
(-0.450000,0.196429)
(-0.400000,0.230769)
(-0.350000,0.270833)
(-0.300000,0.318182)
(-0.250000,0.375000)
(-0.200000,0.444444)
(-0.150000,0.531250)
(-0.100000,0.642857)
(-0.050000,0.791667)
(0.000000,1.000000)
(0.050000,1.482014)
(0.100000,1.601571)
(0.150000,1.655791)
(0.200000,1.686739)
(0.250000,1.706751)
(0.300000,1.720753)
(0.350000,1.731099)
(0.400000,1.739055)
(0.450000,1.745365)
(0.500000,1.750490)
(0.550000,1.754736)
(0.600000,1.758312)
(0.650000,1.761364)
(0.700000,1.763999)
(0.750000,1.766298)
(0.800000,1.768321)
(0.850000,1.770115)
(0.900000,1.771717)
(0.950000,1.773155)
(1.000000,1.774455)
endforcevelocitycurve

in America by U.S. News & World Report (2008).
locations.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please
its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.