PDA

View Full Version : Summary of Goniometer

mjain24
01-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Dear Biomch-L, I posted a message requesting information about best-suited electronic Goniometer for validating an Ankle Foot Orthosis. Thanks to all, who responded and taken their interest. Following is the summary of the responses that I got.

Original post:

Dear Biomch-L, We are looking for an electronic Goniometer for validating the performance of an ankle foot orthosis (splint) and for research during gait analysis. The require data from the electronic Goniometer are the anatomic angles of ankle during dorsiflexion, planterflextion, adduction, abduction etc.

I request from the list members to help us in finding the best suited electronic Goniometer, specifications, pricing, and vendors. I welcome your advice and suggestions in this direction. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Manak Lal Jain
Visiting Scholar,
UIUC (www.illinois.edu) , USA.

Summary of replies:

(1) The goniometers from Biometrics Ltd (www.biometricsltd.co.uk) are the best ones in the market. They are used and resold all around the world. Contact them for a USA distributor and prices.

Asseman franois

(2) Try www.Noraxon.com their goniometers are excellent and this unit doubles up as an EMG wireless unit. Goniometers are around GBP495 each and the unit itself is around GBP14,000. I am not sure of USA prices. The goniometers can be attached to the ankle and then monitored during gait or exercise. The software that comes with it gives you a very handy easy to use set of analysis tools.

soulscripture@aol.com

(3) Please consider our KineView software. It uses PC+video and on screen intuitive tools, amongst others a goniometer. The goniometer can automatically track spots in the image. For further information see www.kine.is and please dont hesitate to contact.

Baldur Thorgilsson
Head of development department
Kine ehf, Baejarhraun 8, 220 Hafnarfjodur, Iceland
web: www.kine.is, phone: +354 5808300

(4) Information on the Biometrics electro-goniometers is available at:
http://www.nexgenergo.com/ergonomics/biosensors.html
There are two models for ankle measurement: ankle SG110 or SG110/A dorsiflexion/plantarflexion, inversion/eversion. These can be connected to the DataLOG, DataLINK or our own instrumentation. We can provide you with equipment/cabling configurations once we know which equipment you wish to use.

David Pinchefsky, B.A.Sc., Eng.
NexGen Ergonomics Inc.

(5) We offer a range of Goniometers manufactured by Biometrics Ltd:
http://www.motion-labs.com/prod_access_goniometers.html

Edmund Cramp - eac@motion-labs.com
Motion Lab Systems, Inc. - http://www.motion-labs.com 15045 Old Hammond Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70816 USA Tel: 1.225.272.7364 (Central Time Zone, GMT-6)
Fax: 1.225.272.7336

(6) Further to your posting on BiomechL, please visit our website www.biometricsltd.com. We manufacture an SG110A ankle goniometer. If this is suitable for your application then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sian Green
Office Administrator
Biometrics Limited.

.................................................. ...........