PDA

View Full Version : Retirement of Prof Sandy Nicol and Mrs S Nicol from theBioengineering Unit of The University of Strathclyde

pprowe90
09-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Dear Colleague

Professor Sandy Nicol and Mrs Sheila Nicol are retiring at the end of this month (September 09) after many years of service to the Bioengineering Unit of the University of Strathclyde (Sandy 39, Sheila 38).

We are holding a retrial event for them in the Conference room of the Bioengineering Unit, level 2, Wolfson Centre, Rotten row, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G4 ONW Starting at 3pm on Thursday the 24th September 2009. We would most welcome your presence at this event but appreciate for most of you this will not be practical.

If you would like to send them an email retirement message then you can do so by contacting our departmental secretaries Mrs Anne Marie Baran (a.baran@strath.ac.uk) or Ms Ashley Urie (Ashley.urie@strath.ac.uk) who will collate these for presentation to them on the day.

For a more personal touch I intend to show a collection of short video clips from well wishers around the globe at their retirement do. If you would like to contribute a short video clip wishing them well and possibly remembering a significant contribution to your work, career, a conference etc them please feel free to do so. Clips can be sent to me directly if they are small (philip.rowe@strath.ac.uk) or preferably posted on the following website

http://dropbox.yousendit.com/philiprowe11110237.

Please have the clips to me by Friday the 19th at the latest.

Please pass this email on to anyone else who you think may wish to receive it.

I hope you will join with me in wishing them a happy retirement
Regards
Phil
Professor Philip Rowe| Head of the HealthQWest "Function for living" research programme | Professor of Rehabilitation Science, Bioengineering Unit, University of Strathclyde, Wolfson Centre, 106 Rotten Row, Glasgow G4 ONW| Scotland UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 141 548 3032, Fax: +44 (0) 141 552 6098, Email: philip.rowe@strath.ac.uk

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SC015263.