PDA

View Full Version : History Channel looking for biomechanics expert in NYC area

gfleisig24
12-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Hi everybody,

I received the email below. If you can help, please contact Anwar Mamon
(Anwar@OffTheFence.com).

From: Anwar Mamon
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009
To: Glenn Fleisig
Subject: History Channel Series

Dear Glenn

It was good to talk to you this morning. As I mentioned on the phone I
am working on a series for the History Channel called 'Superhuman' which
will feature people around the world who have extraordinary abilities.
One contributor we have is a Shaolin Monk based in New York who is a
kung fu master; he can move very quickly executing a series of punches
and kicks in a very short period of time. Whilst looking into ways we
might measure his skills I came across the ASMI website and wondered if
your equipment or something similar could accurately tell us how fast he
moves and how much power he exerts.

Any help you can give me on this matter is greatly appreciated.

All the best

Anwar

Anwar Mamon

Assistant Producer

Off the Fence

www.OffTheFence.com

Anwar@OffTheFence.com

Basement Suite, 6 St. Paul's Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1LT UK

Tel. +44 1173 078103

- Glenn S. Fleisig, Ph.D.

Glenn S. Fleisig, Ph.D., Research Director
American Sports Medicine Institute
833 St. Vincent's Drive, Suite 100
Birmingham, AL 35205
(email) glennf@asmi.org