PDA

View Full Version : SECOND CALL for Biomechanics Papers on Ball Hitting

gfleisig24
12-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Happy Holidays, everyone.

I have heard from several people who will be submitting a paper for the
special issue described below. If you have not sent me a message in the
past, that is no problem too. We welcome all submissions for the
description below. Any questions, please let me know.

- Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: * Biomechanics and Movement Science listserver
[mailto:BIOMCH-L@NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf Of Technical
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 12:00 PM
To: BIOMCH-L@NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: [BIOMCH-L] Special Call for Biomechanics Papers on Ball Hitting

Sports Biomechanics

Call for Papers: Special Issue - "Hit the Ball"

Hit the Ball. It sounds simple, but the biomechanics of successful
hitting are complex. In fact, in a USA Today survey, hitting a
baseball, hitting a golf ball, and returning a tennis serve were 3 of
the 5 hardest things to do in sports
(www.usatoday.com/sports/ten-hardest-splash.htm). In an attempt to
address this challenge, the Sports Biomechanics journal will publish a
special issue in 2011. This special issue will include original
research and review articles. Submitted articles can present
biomechanical data on hitting the ball in baseball, softball, tennis,
cricket, table tennis, racquetball, squash, field hockey, or other
sports. Articles should generate knowledge to improve sports
performance and/or reduce the incidence of injury, and to communicate
this knowledge to sports scientists, coaches, and sports participants.
Possible topics include swing kinematics, kinetics, factors related to
ball exit velocity, injury mechanism, equipment properties related to
ball impact and hitting performance, etc.

Author Guidelines and Submission Deadline:

Instructions for authors and submission guidelines can be found at the
journal's homepage:

http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/authors/rspbauth.asp .

All papers will be subjected to the peer-review procedures of the
journal. Papers should be submitted online at
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rspb . Mark that the manuscript is for
a special issue and enter "Hit the Ball" as the issue title.

Deadline for full paper submission is January 15, 2011.

Please email all special issue-related enquiries to the Guest Editor:

Glenn S. Fleisig, Ph.D.

Research Director, American Sports Medicine Institute

glennf@asmi.org

+1-205-918-2139

Direct all journal-related enquiries to the Editor-in-Chief:

Young-Hoo Kwon, Ph.D., FISBS

Professor& Director, Biomechanics Laboratory, Texas Woman's University

ykwon@twu.edu

+1-940-898-2598