PDA

View Full Version : Variations in Conference Fees

ptregouet
03-19-2011, 04:04 AM
I was not sure whether to place this in the "conferences" section as it is more related to what I consider to be a strange stratification in he fee structure for a particular event. The "World Conference of Science in Triathlon" has a fee schedule where it is €225 for an attendee and €300 if one is speaking or presenting their research (http://scienceandtriathlon.sri.ua.es/alojamiento_eng.html). Our abstract had been accepted, but we have since withdrawn it.

I would like to know if we are correct in seeing this as an odd business practice. I can not recall having seen this type of fee structure before.

Regards,
Paul Trégouët

ptregouet
03-29-2011, 11:10 AM
One response I had received from the conference organizer was this:
"The reason for the registration as speaker is more expensive is because the cost of organization, management and publication of papers submitted by authors is higher and requiring a cost of personal, materials and publications."

gfletcher98
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
It is also a problem for the ISBS conference this July in Porto where to present you have to pay for the whole week instead of the usual day pass. It is disappointing to see this type of practice. We should resist this type of monetary exploitation.